Sunday, January 7, 2018

350 block challenge

in 2017 I completed   477 blocks So I need to break that in 2018

I got 80 blocks in the last week of December.   I began a new quilt this week.  I am going to narrate how the quilt came to be.  I found a lovely bit of Holiday fabric that I bought (5?) years ago. It is beautifully designed with an aqua cerulean blue back ground  star/snowflakes with red green  bits of color ... I hung it on the wall hoping to figure out what to do with it.  I found a set of panels of winter animals with wreaths on their necks.  4 dollars for 8 panels. I started cutting them and decided they had WAY too much white in them.  I took the panels and worked backgrounds into them that brought the blue in the bit  of holiday fabric. I used pigment colored pencils. That took a bit of time.  I decided to edge each panel with 1 1/2 inch sash of black. Than I started making a red and white sashing. The first was way too large at 3". I reworked it to 2 1/2 strips that wer ethen cut to 2 inches.
It too a bit to figure out how to place them to keep the  stripe.   I needed one more block so I made a sawtooth star using the blue fabric on a white ground.  I am at the point where I will trim the corners and fgure out how large the final border will be using that lovely fabric....

No comments:

Post a Comment