Thursday, March 9, 2023

Two dollar fabric (sung to the tune of 5 dollar foot longs)


 I was yearning for Chinese food  On a whim I called a friend and we ate lovely Chinese food at Noodles, then went to Marden's. The Marden's closest to where I live had sale fabric. I kept hearing from various sources about it.  When we entered, it was the last day of the sale and they were crating the leftover fabric up as we looked.  I was looking for yellows and greens. I did not find them, but I kept feeling the fabric and bought based on the quality of the fabric. I got three hunks that will easily make throws or backs for a Linus quilt.  4.50 a total 2 1/4 yard piece.  Than I bought a couple of 1/2 yards.  My friend however, fell face forward and made the sin of going off and looking at non sale fabric. I should not have left her... she had a much larger bill than I did.

I got some of the fabric out that I made at the Eliz. Bush workshop and started on a panel.  Got a little ways in then had to stop.  It was too. square squarey.  

Have the Alaskan panels at the assembly point.   Of Course I am avoiding the sea otters.(see photo)

Noodles had really nice crab ragoons. They may have come to the top of my favorite list. A delicate wrapper.

I am writing down my blocks on the Shelley sheet.  So far I have not lost the sheet!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment